- Every year when the weather gets cool enough to turn on the oven I make this carmel corn crunch mix. That’s always in the fall and has become a tradition in our home. I always make several batches and bag them in cellophane bags and dress them up to give to family and friends. When everyone leaves after the big meal on Thanksgiving they’ll be taking one of these with them.
I made a tag with stamps and die cuts from Reverse Confetti and some colorful Twinery Twine – this is a brand new color called Icicle – it s a mix of Caribbean and Denim and is a gorgeous pop of color on any project.
I also used the Icicle twine to attach the tag to the treat bag. I love leaving the ends long!
I thought you might want the recipe too! Here’s what you need…
- 3 Quarts popped popcorn (12 Cups)
- 2 Cups Cheerios
- 6 Cups Corn or Rice Chex (I used Crispix)
- 2 Cups Salted Nuts (I use 1 Cup Salted Peanuts and 1 Cup of Salted Mixed Nuts)
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Butter (1/2 a stick)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
Heat oven to 250
Spray a large roasting pan (I use a disposable aluminum one for easy clean up) with no stick cooking spray. Combine popcorn, cereal and nuts in the pan.
In a large saucepan combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a rolling boil, Boil for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately drizzle over the popcorn mixture and mix well.
Bake uncovered at 250 for one hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Cool completely and enjoy!
Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love!